Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Power of Networking

The Social Network.

How many of you haven't seen The Social Network? If I hadn't been in California on business and a little bored one night I probably wouldn't have seen it by now either. I was really impressed by the movie and how they told the story. I didn't know how facebook got started so it was all new to me. It was amazing to find out that thefacebook was launched from a college dorm room. I'm not here to tell you the movie so I will move on. I definitely recommend it.

I want to discuss the Power of Networking with you. Networking to me is one of the most powerful tools you can have in your Real Estate Investment business. You know the old quote "It's not what you know but who you know that matters." There's definitely some truth to this. The amazing thing about social networks like facebook and twitter is that it allows you to build relationships with people that you would have never met in your lifetime. These relationships are built upon things in common or what type of business you are in or who you know. This is very key when building your business. The great thing about investing in Real Estate is that real estate is everywhere. By networking with other investors across the world I begin to learn global real estate trends. I know what's going on in New York, North Carolina, and California in a matter of minutes. I'm not talking about what the news says. I'm talking about the information I get directly from successful investors in those areas. I have made some key contacts via facebook and twitter and eventually set up business meetings with these contacts.

I talk to lots of people that think using facebook is a waste of time. Unfortunately they are not aware of how beneficial social networks are to a business. Studies show that the average person spends 1 minute on a website that they go to. The average person spends a minimum of 19 minutes a day on facebook. Those are significant numbers. I know some people that take forever to reply to an email but if you send them a message on facebook they reply almost instantly.

I encourage everyone that I know to start implementing Social Networks into their daily business activities. It has paid off significantly for all my businesses. If you are not sure how to use social networks to benefit your business then leave a comment with your questions and I will respond.


antonio macias

real estate investor

1 comment:

  1. It still amazes me how many people aren't aware of how powerful social networking can be. They say it's time consuming, but that's like saying talking to a customer on the phone is time consuming. That's what you do in social media, you're talking to current and potential customers.

    Great article! =)

    ReplyDelete